Item code: 73591
Coming Soon. Add your email to the red box on the right to be notified!
Introducing the 1987 reissue edition dive watch, the first black CWC divers' watch manufactured for the Special Boat Service with day/date. (Non-date version available for customers who prefer no date.)
Arguably one of the rarest and most sought after SF military dive watches in history, with possibly less than a handful of original examples remaining. This is the SBS divers' watch that many customers have been searching for, that honours the history of one of the most elite special forces units in the world. CWC is proud to have been contracted to manufacture this watch over three decades ago, and we still produce the latest SBS derivative issued to Royal Marines and Royal Navy currently.
The RN Divers watches proved themselves to be worthy successors to the issued watches of the 60s and 70s and the SBS Diver was no exception. Designed to meet the toughest demands of deep diving missions, underwater surveillance, mine clearance, battlefield and dive engineering, it is a tool watch in the purest sense of the word that will perform in the most extreme conditions.
In April 1987 the MOD (N) specification was signed by the officer commanding RM in Poole Dorset, requesting CWC to produce the Black SBS Divers watch on behalf of the Royal Marines.
- Made to MOD 1987 specification
- Water-resistant to 30 atm/300m
- Sword hands
- One-way luminous insert time elapse bezel (60-click)
- Screw-down crown
- Screw-down case back (Please note, the picture of the case back is for reference only; exact serial number and dates may differ between batches.)
- Ronda Swiss made 517 quartz day/date movement
- Super Luminova vintage lume markings
- Sapphire glass
- Made and Assembled in Switzerland
- Fixed strap bars
- Supplied with 20mm all black Strap Wrist Watch Nylon (CWC issue military strap).