Item code: 15411
Cabot Watch Company Mellor-72 W10 handwound mechanical.
Read the Hodinkee article by Jason Heaton here.
Probably the most accurate and faithfully reproduced 1970's British Military W10 available. If there was a contract today for this watch we would have no hesitation submitting this to MOD for tender.
The original had a solid one piece case with a split crown stem so that access was through the front, Today we produce this watch with a two piece case so the case back is removed making it much easier to service.
A fitting tribute to the first watch Mr. Ray Mellor made for the M.O.D.
1970s reissue mechanical hand-wound watch which was originally issued to
British Army W10, Royal Navy 0552 & RAF 6BB.
Classic military tonneau case design. Luminous hands and markers, acrylic glass. Clear to read, functional and reliable. A classic military timepiece that will provide years of service. Mechanical Swiss movement. Swiss parts, Swiss-made.
Engraving is available for this watch, however we cannot accept returns of any items that have been personalised.
- Tonneau shape case, issued throughout the 70s
- Two-piece case with press-on/off case back
- CWC pre-1982 logo
- Super luminova dial markers and hands
- Sellita hand-wound SW210 Swiss-made hacking movement
- Brushed 316L stainless steel, 38mm case (including crown), 42mm lug to lug, 30mm dial diameter.
- Water-resistant 5ATM
- Scratch-resistant Hesalite acrylic crystal
- 40+ hours power reserve
- 18.5mm fixed lug bars
- 11mm case thickness (including glass)
- Broad arrow and T markings on dial as per the original
- Supplied on a CWC genuine issue grey military strap
- Three year warranty.